Personality tests. They are all a bit different and I’ve taken a handful over the years. I went ahead and compiled a list of the ones I’ve taken here, along with a brief description and some links.
If you are just getting started, I’d recommend the first two. If you find these interesting and want to read more, #3 is a discussion in how the first two connect. I’d recommend #4 for a work or team setting, #5 if you work in a church or parachurch setting and #6 for anyone who wants to learn more about communication and relating in general.
- Four temperaments – click here to read a Christian perspective on 4 temps
- Meyers-Briggs type – probably the most well-known, 16 possibilities from a combination of your preferences for focus, taking in information, making decisions, and structure. Take the free version
- Temperament-Type connection #1 – Keirsey and in chart form
- Disc – focuses more on behavior style, often used to help people communicate how to work and relate with others – free version
- Apest – ministry style – free version
- Life Languages – communication style, this is the only one I was unable to find a free version for
Which of the above tests have you taken? Which would you recommend? Are there others you have taken or would recommend?