You’ve seen the list of items cooking magazines assume you have on hand. I’m wondering which items you actually keep on hand. Are there certain items you always have on hand?
- Top ten for baking… AP flour, wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, butter, eggs, milk, maple syrup.
- Top nine for snacking… triscuits, almonds, bananas, peanut butter, bread for toast, yogurt, chips, carrots, bagels
- Top eight for cooking… olive oil, onions, garlic, ginger, grains, veggies, salt, pepper.
- Five, six or seven ingredient dinner… tomatos, cheese, tortillas, turkey, taco seasoning, lettuce and/or avocado
- Four ingredient crockpot dinner… chicken, salsa, taco seasoning, crunchy taco shells
- Three ingredient dinner… salted pasta & sauce (Trader Joe’s Three Cheese, anyone?)
- Two ingredient dinner… cereal & milk
- One favorite snack… yogurt
Recently, I’ve had brown rice syrup on hand instead of maple, and fresh ginger instead of powder. Peanut butter toast, tacos, spaghetti and cereal are my go-to’s. Dare you to share next!